Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Paperwork!

So it is official I am headed back down to the South Pole Station this season to work for the University of Wisconsin as a driller. I will be working on drilling the final seven holes of the Ice Cube neutrino telescope.  But for now I have been busy getting all the paperwork filled out and sent in to the right people. I am also waiting to hear back from Raytheon as to whether or not I P.Q.'d. I can' t imagine not qualifying but until you have the confirmation it is up in the air.

P.Q.'ing or getting physically qualified means going to see a doctor and dentist to make make sure that you  are healthy enough to live and work at the South Pole. That has been a slight adventure since I am living in Miami while working a nuclear power outage down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment